Monday, February 8, 2016

Handmade Lotion Bars

Untitled


A friend gave me a lotion bar for Christmas... and I loved it! It looks like a bar of soap (no wonder I like it!) but you rub it on your skin as lotion.  Brilliant!

I decided to try a recipe I found on Pinterest.  These couldn't have been easier! All you do is mix equal parts beeswax, coconut oil, and cocoa or shea butter.  I used cocoa butter because I don't love the smell of raw shea butter.   You just melt everything together on low heat, and pour into the moulds of your choice.  I used these silicon muffin moulds and the bars easily popped right out.  You can also add essential oil if you like.  I added some tangerine and they smell lovely. With such great ingredients, these will surely combat dry winter skin.

What a sweet Valentine's day gift these would be!  


post signature

2 comments:

Carol B. said...

Where do you buy your ingredients? These seem a cinch to make and dreamy with such simple/clean ingredients. :-)

the e-wife, Karen said...

I think I got the cocoa butter on amazon and the beeswax from Mountain rose. I will bring you some to try when I come :-)