Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Amazon Prime



Have you heard of Amazon Prime? I think this is one of the best deals around. I've had it for about two years now and LOVE It. I figured it's about time that the e-wife should blog about it!

First of all, if you aren't buying on Amazon.com, shame on you. It's the biggest store online, with the best prices. You are wasting time and money if you don't! I literally buy everything and anything I can on Amazon - you'd be surprised how much they have. Just this past week I bought razor blade refills, tinted lip balm, knee supports (I'm suffering from a case of runner's knee), and swimming goggles (gotta swim when I can't run). Our joke is that there is always an Amazon box at the gate! Amazon saves me SO much running around.

Amazon Prime is basically this - a membership program through Amazon.com that offers you free 2-day shipping for $79 a year. It is an amazing deal if you order on Amazon as much as I do. But there is more - you can also enjoy free instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows. And, if you own a Kindle, thousands of books are available to read for free, including NY times bestsellers. And, if you have a college student, click here for an even better deal! It's only $39! Wow.

OK, so here's how it works. When I shop Amazon for any item, I narrow my search to Amazon Prime items.
That way, whatever I select will be free shipping. Not everything from every seller is Amazon Prime qualified, but I have never not found what I wanted offered through sellers who are on Amazon Prime. I have my settings set up for 1-click purchasing, so it's super fast and easy to buy anything. Pop it in the cart and buy it all in 1-click. Love that!

I even have the Amazon.com app on my iPhone - so I can buy anything quickly on my phone as well. Here's how convenient the app is: the other day I was vacuuming and spot cleaning my carpets. I realized I was getting to the bottom of the bottle of my favorite cleaner, Folex. So, I whipped my phone out of my pocket, tapped my Amazon app, searched Folex, added it to my cart and purchased it with 1-click. In a matter of 20 seconds, I had purchased a new bottle that would arrive in two days, with free shipping! Let me ask myself: would I rather do that, or make a stop at Home Depot or Lowe's to get some more? Hmmm, let me think about it. Uh, Amazon Prime - that's a no-brainer. Wish this had been around when I had three kids under age 4. I could have done without taking kids in and out of the car to get one thing at a store!

If you still aren't convinced, read this!

Happy Shopping!

post signature

4 comments:

Katherine~ said...

Hi Karen! I've been using Amazon Prime for a few years now, and I can't imagine my life without it. I'd say I do about 80% of my shopping online now. It saves me precious time and money, not to mention the fact that I'm not a huge fan of shopping!

Hope you are well!

Michelle said...

Hmmmm, I just looked into it and I may need to try it out! I waited a week for the golden opportunity to run to Whole Foods for some special baby products, when I needed them much sooner. But I cringed at dragging the boys for the trip so I waited for Andrew to be home. I just looked on Amazon and I paid way more than I should have...of course from Whole Foods!
Thanks for sharing!

Laurie said...

I think it sounds great, but I tried to narrow my search to Amazon Prime to check it out, and couldn't see how to do that...could that be because I'm not a member yet? Thanks for the info though...

Laurie said...

You convinced me. I just joined and ordered my first "speedy, free delivered" thing. I wish I had done this years ago, considering how much I've ordered from Amazon in the past. Thanks for the tip.