Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We're here!

Just a quick post with a photo from today:


Mom & Dad at the White House!

Look! It's us with Obama at his house! What do you mean you don't see him? Well, he's in there somewhere...the flag means he's home! Do you see the secret service guy up on the roof? I think his only form of entertainment is watching people lean against the rail and get their photos taken... all day.

And, I just realized what a geek I look like with my sweater being longer than my coat. Excuse my fashion faux-pas, it was bitterly cold!

Well, since I've been up since 3 am this morning (our plane left LAX @ 6 am), that's about all for now. Tomorrow I have a tour at Ford's theater, and then I'm going to head over to the National Archives and hope to get in on a cancelation. You are supposed to book your tour at least 4 weeks in advance, but unfortunately I realized that just this past Monday...so I'm hoping someone doesn't show up and I can sneak in. We went to the American History museum this afternoon, but it was really busy, so I'm hoping to get another chance to go there tomorrow as well.

Goodnight!

post signature

1 comment:

Suzanne DeShong said...

Glad you made it safely and are having a great time!!! I don't like it when you are all the way across the country ):

But seriously, have fun and I'll see you soon!

Love you!