Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane

washington

I'm on my way to Washington DC today! It's hard to resist Rich's invitations to accompany him on his business trips to fun cities. Especially when it's a complimentary hotel! And, my dad was kind enough to send some frequent flyer miles my way, so it's a virtually free vacation for me. I'm excited!

I've been to DC twice before, and have thoroughly enjoyed many of the points of interest including: the White House, Capitol Builiding, Bureau of Engraving (where they make money), the National Archives, Arlington National Cemetary, the National Mall (all the museums) and the major monuments. This time, I'm going to try and see some of the things I haven't had the opportunity to see such as Mount Vernon, Ford's Theater, and the Holocaust museum, as well as enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival that is going on right now. I'm going to be on my own during the daytime on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - a bit scary because I'll probably get completely lost and disoriented I'm a bit directionally challenged, but it will be fun. Rich has the evenings free, so we'll have dinner together and even take in a show at the John F. Kennedy Center one evening.

Those who know us know that we did our food research and have all our restaurants reserved...we will be going out for Greek tapas, seafood, sushi and of course, pizza (always our first night dinner when we travel). Mmm, I can't wait! I'll be sure to fill you in on all my food finds.

So, even though I'm going to be gone, please don't ignore my blog this week. Drew asked if he could be my "guest" blogger while I'm gone...not exactly sure what he has up his sleeve but I have been advised that WDW will be featured. I'll be checking in to see what he's up to, and to see if there is anything I need to delete interesting to read. Maybe I'll even post a few pics if I have time (and a decent internet connection)!

Ta-ta!

post signature

1 comment:

Suzanne DeShong said...

I'll miss you! Have a wonderful time! Eat some sushi for me....YUM!