Friday, December 19, 2008

Peppermint Marshmallows

Since I missed WDW this week, I thought I'd post something a little fun today.

Today Emma is having her annual Christmas party with her girlfriends. The girls (9 of them) are going outdoor Ice Skating at The Lakes in Thousand Oaks, then returning here to have chocolate fondue and an evening full of festivities. This morning I was getting the fondue dippers ready - angel food cake, brownie-cheesecake bites, mini macaroon cookies, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, and these peppermint candy dipped marshmallows, which I saw in a magazine this season.

They were so easy and fun to make, and look so cute! They would make a darling hostess gift (tied in a cello bag), or would be just great to have around to stir into your hot chocolate.

All you do is mix powdered sugar with a little water to form a thick glaze. Prepare a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. I used coffee stirrer wooden sticks, and threaded the marshmallow on. Dip the marshmallow (top half) into the glaze, letting as much as possible drip back into the bowl. Then roll the marshmallow in pulverized candy canes (mini chopper did a great job). Put on the waxed paper - they only take a few minutes to dry.






For the fondue, I mix 1 lb. chocolate chips (I will use semisweet chocolate for one batch, and cookies and cream Hershey bars for the other) with 1 1/2 cups whipping cream and 1 tsp. vanilla. I melt that over the stove on very low heat, then pour into my cute Hershey's kiss shaped fondue pots.

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

Thank you so much for this great idea! I was racking my brain trying to think of something cheap and cute for the neighbors. I am friends with Tracy Dodson and I always peak over at your fun blog for fun recipes!I had to leave a comment to say thanks!
Holly Miller

lissy said...

mrs. harasick, you are the best cook in the world!! thank you so much for having us all at your house and making everything perfect!! i had a blast and i know all the other girls did too!!