Thursday, February 14, 2008

Food of Love



Awww....how sweet is my hubby (scroll down to see the Valentine post he surprised me with this morning). Just for the record, my husband is much more patient by virtue than I am! LUVYA, honey.

Happy Valentine's Day - and here is the way the Harasicks started their day with some food of love.

This is my all time favorite pancake recipe. I got it from Ina Garten but modified it a bit. You can add any fruit you like. Just pour the batter onto the griddle, then sprinkle on chopped apples, sliced bananas, or blueberries. I even like to sprinkle on a few chopped walnuts and/or mini chocolate chips when I use the bananas. The cinnamon-sugar that is sprinkled on top of the fruit causes some caramelization...YUM!

SOUR CREAM PANCAKES
makes 8 large pancakes

3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 extra large eggs
3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. grated lemon or orange rind
Fruit of choice: finely chopped apples, sliced bananas, blueberries
Cinnamon-Sugar

In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl add all wet ingredients (except fruit). Add wet to dry, and mix just until combined. Pour batter onto griddle. Top with fruit. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar. Turn when bottom side is browned and cook until second side is done.


Form into heart shapes for Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Dodson Family said...

Oh - those sound yummy! I'm going to try them!!!

Tracy