Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love is Patient




Well last year I posted a love blog to Karen on Valentines Day. (Check it out in the 2007 February archive.) It was some fun and cute poetry along with some gentle kidding, but it did have a promise of sorts from me to her. I asked for some more time in finishing "THE PORCH". THE PORCH has become many things: the symbol of unfinished business, a monument to what could be, a testiment of me not quite getting to the end of a project. But most of all it shows the patience my wife has for me. I could use many exuses for not finishing, and some legitimate things have gotten in the way. However, it has been nearly three years since I started on it.

So today I want to express my love for Karen for her patience towards me. Love can show itself in many ways as 1 Corintians 13 tells us and my wife typifys them all. But Patience is first on the list and her patience for me is on my heart.

THE PORCH will get done, and we actually did sit on it and enjoyed the suns rays (coming through the unfinished roof studs) this past Sunday, but it will always remind me of my wife's complete understanding of me and continued love for me.

I have I told you lately that I love you!

No comments: