Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Our 20th Anniversary





Rich and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage this May. We love to plan a trip to take to celebrate each year. In the past, we have enjoyed trips to Kauai, Maui & New York. (a photo of us in New York is below.) This year, we have chosen The Lodge at Torrey Pines , pictured at left. It is on a beautiful cliff in La Jolla, and it is done in Craftsman style decor.


One reason we chose this resort is because it is close to the place we got engaged - George's at the Cove restaurant. So, you can bet that we'll be celebrating our anniversary dinner there! Rich surprised me by flying me to San Diego for dinner on September 28, 1986, took me to George's and asked me to be his wife. (Well, it wasn't a total surprise we were going to get engaged, because we had already picked out my ring, but I didn't know when Rich was going to pop the big question.) That was one of the happiest days of my life.


I just want to say that I thank God daily that he gave me Rich. His love for me is an outpour of his love for Christ and his obedience to Him. He takes such great care of me and loves me even though I'm a pop off. I'm positive he's my "soul mate" (Kip - Napoleon Dynamite).

1 comment:

Dave and Suzanne said...

Oh, how sweet! I can't wait to have your kids while you're gone. And I'm pretty positive he IS your soulmate!!!!