Tuesday, January 5, 2016

12 years with the Lord


  
Today marks 12 years since my oldest child, Brady, went to be with the Lord.  He was diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 10 and had a four year battle before leaving this earth and his disease behind at age 14.  Though we prayed fervently that he would be cured and remain with us, God had bigger and better plans for him.  For those of you whose loved ones have gone to be with the Lord, you know the deep seated joy of knowing that they are with Christ in heaven, safe and secure for all eternity.  That is the blessing and reality that I live with daily, and it is so comforting.

James 4:14 describes our life here on earth as this:  You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.  Sometimes it seems that life is long but we must remember this truth.   It will be over before we know.   Even if we live to old age, it will come before we know it.  I am thankful that today I can celebrate that I am 12 years closer to heaven and seeing Brady.  How my heart longs for that reunion.

Rich pulled up this audio this morning as we rejoiced over our son's heavenly home once again.    It is from his baptism at our church at age 13.  It was precious to once again hear his voice and remember his sweet testimony of faith.  

Below is a photo I keep on my desk.  It's one of my favorites of my boys together.  He had such sparkly blue eyes and a great laugh.  Today I remember once again my sweet boy and the mark he left on my heart.  I am so thankful God gave him to me, if only for a short time.  




post signature

1 comment:

Carol B. said...

I have some special memories of Brady. Some silly things he said and did as a little one, and then how brave he was as he battled cancer.
Remembering him with you today.
Love and hugs.