Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WDW returns! Yummy, healthy, soft granola bars

Untitled


Emma's bestie Kait brought these over for us a couple weeks ago.  She found them on Pinterest of course, and they are really great!  I've never had a good recipe for a soft granola bar and I like these a lot.  The ingredients are all super healthy. You can pretty much use any dried fruit and seeds you like, just keep the right proportions.  I doubled the recipe so I could have a lot!  Sorry for the crummy picture... it was night and I used my phone.  I knew if I didn't take a quick photo they would be gone!
 
ALMOND BUTTER GRANOLA BARS


1/2 cup almond butter
2 small bananas, mashed

1/2 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup dried cherries (I used dried nectarines)
1/4 cup raisins (I used half craisins, half dried blueberries)

1/4 cup mixed seeds (eg. pumpkin, sunflower... I used a combo of   sunflower, chia, and flax)
1 cup rolled oats

Yields 12 bars
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Preheat oven to 350F. Line wide loaf tin with parchment paper.

In a small pot on low heat melt almond butter and mashed bananas. Stir gently until well combined. Set aside.

In a food processor, coarse chop the almonds and apricots.  Transfer to a bowl.
Fold in raisins and cherries. Mix in seeds and oats. Fold in the almond butter mixture. Press the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars/squares.  Wrap tightly and keep refrigerated.




post signature

1 comment:

VeeRod0202 said...

this looks phenomenal! I really have to try this over the weekend! :) Thanks for sharing!