Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Homemade Eye Makeup Remover

YES! I am so tired of buying those little pre-moistened makeup remover wipes. Not only are they expensive, but they really irritate my eyes. I've tried every brand and they all do the same thing to me! Sometimes I will have redness that resembles pink eye (really attractive) for days after using them and won't be able to even put on makeup. I saw this recipe for a gentler homemade makeup remover and I knew I needed to try it. But first I needed to track down this little item:



And what better place to get it but Amazon Prime! Out the door for $4 - free 2 day shipping! Nice.

You only use a tiny amount of the Dr. Bronner's, so I just bought the 2 oz. size.

I mixed the easy recipe last night - only three ingredients: distilled water, olive oil, and Dr. Bronner's Unscented Baby Castile Soap. Mix one cup of distilled water with 1/4 tsp. Dr. Bronner's and 1 tsp. olive oil. That's it. I mixed it in a pyrex measuring cup, and poured it into a plastic squirt bottle I had (from Smart and Final - I think they are mustard/ketchup bottles and come in sets of 6 - they are so handy!). It's perfect for squeezing onto a cotton ball. You do have to give it a little shake first to mix. It worked like a charm and my eyes did not sting or turn red. :-) I finished by washing my face with my homemade unscented pure goat's milk soap to remove my mineral makeup. Fresh, clean, and natural! Try it!


post signature