Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WDW - Scalloped Potatoes

scalloped potatoes

Until recently, I had all but given up on making scalloped potatoes. Though I had tried several recipes over the years, none came out the way I hoped - and they were so time consuming to prepare. Then, one fateful day, I was served this recipe at the Thompson's. They were absolutely perfect - tender and perfectly seasoned. I asked Deborah for the recipe and was very pleased to find that they are a snap to make. So, now I possess the ability to make perfect scalloped potatoes, with the added perk that they are super simple to prepare. Happy me.

All you do is toss all the ingredients together in a bowl (no tedious layering) and dump them into a baking dish and top with the cheese. It's that simple. And they taste absolutely amazing - you'll want to try these soon!

Scalloped Potatoes

Thompson Family

8 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 ½ cups whipping cream
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. each: salt and freshly ground pepper

1 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese

Mix all ingredients (except cheese)together and place in greased 9 x 13 pan.

Top with cheese.

Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 ½ hours (covered for first hour, uncovered for the last ½ hour). Broil top for a couple minutes for extra browning, if you like
.

post signature

No comments: