Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Celebrating Brady's 6th year with the Lord

046

It's hard to believe that Brady has been with the Lord for six years already. The time that has passed has helped the loss seem a little easier at times. But, there are still very intense moments where I really miss my boy and would do anything to hold him in my arms and touch him. But the Lord is good to constantly bring my heart to a place of deep gratitude for what He has accomplished in Brady's life. Oh, how I long for the day when we will be reunited!

As is our custom, on each January 5th we do something to celebrate his life in a special way. If you have been following my blog for awhile you may have remembered that Rich gave me a very special gift last year - a stencil of Psalm 103:1-4 for our porch soffit. Well, it has been sitting in its box for some time, so we decided to get it up in time for the anniversary this year! It is just one of those things we neglected to get around to, in the busyness of life.

Here is Rich putting it up. He did a magnificent job! He had the stencil custom made to our soffit. Each side was one big stencil. It came with a sticky back that you press into your spot and paint carefully onto with a small brush. I absolutely love the typeface Rich chose! And the words .... may they always be the most since expression of my heart.

126


131
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name!

127

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:

128
Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction,
129
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies. Psalm 103:1-4

I shall never be able to forget how gracious the LORD was to Brady (and to all of us) when I am regluarly greeted by these words. These may not be the commandments per se, but I am glad that these awesome verses are "written on the doorframes of my house." (Deut. 6)



post signature

8 comments:

Blessings Flow Down said...

What a beautiful tribute. A perfect place for it...as you are coming and going! xo

Pur et Simple said...

How beautiful - what a testimony to all who enter in your front door! The Lord is so good and His Word precious!

Nancy said...

I feel that God is constantly putting things/people/blogs in our life for a reason. I have followed your blog for about a year and yesterday I was reading your previous posts about Brady not noticing the dates and realizing that today was the anniversary of his going home to be with the Lord. You are an inspiration to me and reading your blog has helped give me a great sense of perspective on what is important in life and not taking for granted that everyday is a gift from God.

Blessings to you and your family!

Nancy said...

Beautiful! It looks lovely.

Robert said...

oh my Karen - that is simply beautiful. I love it and I love those verses. And this is Tracy - not Robert - I'm on his laptop....

Suzi said...

Such a precious picture Karen, I will never forget. I love the stencil! Your family is such a blessing to so many!

Kate Abbott said...

I was brought to your blog by Emma's, as I saw your comment after mine. This post so clearly shows a heart that rests in the Lord.
I remember you coming to speak at my class at Master's, and being struck by your peace when you spoke about your loss.
I'm not a Mom, but I can see you're a good one that seeks after God! Thanks for being an encouragment, Mrs. Harasick.

Briana said...

Wow. It looks amazing and so meaningful. Thank you, Mrs. H. I look up to your family in so many ways because of what you have gone through and who you are today.