Monday, December 14, 2009

dimanche matin avec Riche - Corned Beef Hash

Well, it was actually samedi (Saturday) but this is very blog-worthy so I'm fudging a bit. We had 4 extra teenagers spend the night last Friday night after a day at Disneyland for Nick's birthday, so Rich wanted to make his homemade corned beef hash for breakfast. Friday night at bedtime he put a corned beef into the crock pot and cooked it on low all night long. In the morning, he diced it, cooked some red potatoes and some over-easy eggs, put it all together and served up this masterpiece:

1142


So, I know I pictured this before, but here's a little bit more on how he made it this time (hi Sabrina). Oh my...is this ever good.

This isn't really a recipe, but one thing I will tell you is that he is very good with the potatoes. He lightly boils them until tender, then puts them in his mom's big cast iron skillet with copious amounts of butter. He doesn't stir them too much so he can get a really good crust on them. He also takes the cooked cubed corned beef and browns that in a separate skillet with more copious amounts of butter. I try not to be in the kitchen while he is adding all this butter, as it ruins it for me to know how much butter I am eating. I also try to stay out of the kitchen so I don't get broadsided...he flies around like a mad chef in a restaurant kitchen!

Here are the happy recipients...

086

Poor Drew, I don't think he was quite awake yet.

088

Rich dishing it. I love a man who knows how to make hash.

post signature

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Incroyable!

Blessings Flow Down said...

Rich looks so great! Happy in the kitchen...what wife could ask for more. :) Who cares about the butter intake. Look at Julia, she lived to the ripe old age of 92. Bon Appetite! Very fun...