Thursday, June 4, 2009

Something other than WDW

It just dawned on me that all I do is talk about food around here. The last few weeks, I've just gone from one WDW (Way Delicious Wednesday) to the next. I've been too busy for anything else! But, I'd really like you to think my life consists of more than just food, so I decided I'd better try to think of something to write about to convince you of such.

So, how about some spiritual food, instead?

I wanted to share a great resource with all of you, if you haven't already discovered it. I am a big fan of Carolyn Mahaney (C.J.'s wife) and highly recommend you download these free MP3 messages from her. She speaks on the subject of Titus 2, and I tell you, it is good stuff. I love listening to Carolyn when I'm driving, working in the kitchen, or at the gym on some boring machine. I have been greatly blessed by Carolyn's teaching, and I know you will be, too. She and her daughters also have a great blog, called Girl Talk - you can click on it under "blog stalking" on the right of my blog. And, this series on Mothers and Daughters from Carolyn (and her girls)is also spot on.

And, not to just promote the Mahaney fam, but I am also a big fan of C.J. Mahaney's books. I just finished reading Humility: True Greatness and as soon as I closed the last page I wanted to start back again on page 1 (unfortunately, since I kept telling my sister how great the book was, she was waiting for it so I couldn't.) Upon sharing with another friend my appreciation for the book and how much the Lord was teaching me about the area of humility and it's opposite -pride, she sent me this great document called The 50 Fruits of Pride. I have read through it several times, and feel very convicted that I need to spend time this summer carefully examining my own life. I want to learn so I can recognize areas of sin in my life, and work to glorify God more by cultivating humility.

Well, on a not-so-important note (and to address this for Suzi), I am no longer on Facebook. One day recently, I went to reply to a wall post and when I went to sign in, I received a message that my account had been "suspended." Emma then looked on Facebook and realized I was gone. Non-existent. I was most likely hacked. I contacted Facebook, and they have yet to reply. So, I don't know if or when I'll be back. To be honest, I haven't missed it. I'd be reading it and just feel nosy. I guess it makes me culturally irrelevant to actually be able to live without Facebook. When I told my kids about it, they actually felt sorry for me. I told them "I'm totally fine." Really, I am. They looked at me like, yeah right.

Besides who needs Facebook? I'm the e-wife. I had to laugh when a friend emailed me tonight with this:

"Hi!! I think my friend saw you at Disneyland – did you go this week? She called me and said, “I think I saw the E-Wife!!”

Yes, I did go to Disneyland with my sister this week. That is too funny.



post signature

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

OK- So I am Tracy's friend who saw you at D-land! I was really bummed I didn't get to meet you. I love your blog and Tracy speaks very highly of you. I was with my sisters and they thought I was crazy! HA! Anyways hope it doesn't freak you out too much!

Dodson Family said...

mmmm hhhhmmmm - you are a celebrity!!! watch out Pioneer Woman!!!

I noticed your facebook was gone - I went to write on your wall last night!