Saturday, April 18, 2009

My new {culinary} baby

009

I have been drooling over Le Creuset large stock pots for some time now. Ceramic covered cast iron pans that come in a rainbow of hip colors....the ultimate. They weigh about 100 pounds, and can cook like no other kind of pan. Oh, how I have dreamed of having one of these of my own. But, have you ever checked out the price tag on those babies? Oh my. My oh my. I just can't do it.

Recently when my dad gave me a Macy's gift card for my birthday, I went to Macys.com, and started searching the kitchen department. I considered several things...and then I laid my eyes on this pot. Seems my dear friend Martha Stewart has a line of pots and pans, and she has the same thing as the Le Creuset, for a fraction of the price. It even comes in cool Martha colors to boot! I promptly put a lovely duck-egg blue one in my cart.

It arrived last week, and I have been chomping at the bit to cook something ever since. So, this week, I decided to try my weekly sauteed salmon dinner in it. I usually use my highly trusted All-Clad large skillet for the job, but thought I'd try this Le Creuset wannabe pan and see if there was a difference. WOW! The crust on the fish was incredible, and the fish was so moist and flavorful. Drew said it was the best salmon he had ever had! I agreed, it was pretty spectacular.

So, tonight when I was cooking up some Lobster-Crab Ravioli (love it when Costco has these in stock!), I couldn't help but admire my lovely pot. It looked like a work of art with the ravioli inside it. I just had to snap a photo of it. I guess it's just the former art major in me- after all, orange and blue are complimentary colors on the color wheel!

012

It has a lid, too. Isn't it fantastic?

post signature

3 comments:

robertjensen said...

OOH OOH OOH!!! CAN I SPEND THE NIGHT AGAIN?!?!?!?!? haha ;)

Hopefull said...

those ravioli look so fun yummy in that beauty of a pot...they remind me of dr.suess hats :)

Jensen Family said...

I also have drooled over these pots. I didn't know they had such a fancy name. This beautiful pot couldn't have gone to a better home. So what is the salmon recipe?