Friday, March 13, 2009

Trader Joe's fan website

I just came across this great blog and I thought I'd share it. If you're a big Trader Joe's fan like me, you'll love it. It's written by two ladies who love Trader Joe's, and post interesting tidbits about items in the store, as well as some neat recipes using their products. I found this cool site when searching the net for a knock-off recipe for Trader Joe's Spicy Thai Pasta Salad. I didn't find the recipe I was looking for, but I was delighted to find this site!

What are your favorite Trader Joe's items? Here are some of my faves:

~Organic Cocoa Mix (Rich wouldn't survive a DAY without this stuff)
~Hawaiian chips- I'm partial to the salt & vinegar flavor...but barbecue and plain work for me too
~Three layer pesto/sun dried tomato torta (near the hummus) - I mix this with cooked pasta and their pesto sausage - yum!
~Mediterranean hummus
~Frozen rise and bake croissants - to die for
~Frozen orange chicken
~Frozen artichoke hearts
~Fresh salmon with citrus butter - my family loves this!
~Cooked beets - in the produce (mixed greens, beets, goat cheese salad!)
~Spicy Thai Pasta Salad (with ready made salads)
~Almond butter
~Bool Koogi Ribs
~All their amazing cheeses - and especially Cabot extra sharp white cheddar
~All their healthy sausages & nitrate-free lunch meats
~All their wonderful breads
~Tea Tree Oil Soap (if you have dry skin it's the best!)
~And lastly, I could not live without all their organic produce!

By the way, the two Trader Joe's I shop at (La Crescenta & Pasadena) are the first two Trader Joe's ever! (Pasadena was the 1st) I thought it was pretty cool when I saw one in New York and Chicago last year.

post signature

1 comment:

Hopefull said...

Hi - Im coming to you from the Dodson's - thanks for posting this link. I love getting others feedback on Trader Joe finds :)