Monday, March 16, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday


I got some good feedback last week with my first "Not me!" Monday. I glad you enjoy all the stupid and idiotic things I do. Don't worry, there will always be plenty of them each Monday. I won't let you down.

This week, I did not....

... go to Disneyland on Thursday even though I just went last Thursday. I would never be so self-indulgent and frivilous with my time. I am not the least bit fond of the Happiest Place on Earth, and I do not need to go there but maybe once a year. Nope, not me!

...wake up to the terrifying thought that I have been letting my daughter drive everywhere the past month without ever informing my insurance company that she was a new driver in the family. And, when I did not drop by the insurance office to give them her permit information, I did not mess up the form I was supposed to fill out three times, causing my agent to keep printing out new copies. Nope, not me!

...make myself a fresh, strong press-pot of coffee, pour myself a lovely cup, mix it with half & half and one raw sugar packet, and then proceed to add buttermilk when I decided it needed a bit more cream. I did not then dump the lovely cup of coffee down the drain. Nope, not me!

...get kind of bent out of shape when I arrived at Step Class and found that another woman had put her step right in the place I always put mine. I would never be that particular about "my" spot in the front row. I would not begrudgingly assemble my step in the back row instead. And, I would certainly not have any trouble keeping on track with the routine just because I wasn't in the usual spot. No, not me!

...pick out all the Macadamia nuts out of the Costco mixed nuts jar, in spite of the fact that my husband has asked me not to. I am the perfectly submissive wife, honoring my husband in both the big and the small. I would never selfishly take all the buttery, delicious Macadamias out and hoard them. I would not then feel extremely guilty and buy him his own bag of Macadamia nuts from Trader Joe's. Nope, not me!

post signature

4 comments:

Suzi said...

I'm sorry the only one, I find unacceptable is wasting the cup o joe! ;) Pressed coffee even, unfathomable...

Great-Full Mom said...

Love your Not Me's again!
How can you not pick out the Mac nuts? It's too much to ask.
Dawn

Dodson Family said...

Karen - I had to laugh at the gym comment. I did that once to someone - I didn't know I did it - my friend told me...we looked over at her in the front (i was in the back and apparently was in HER spot) and she was not too happy!!!!!

I didn't now there were spots at the gym!!!!

the e-wife, Karen said...

Tracy,

It was so funny - all the "regulars" kept looking at me and smiling - knowing that she took my spot! EVERYONE has their spot... it's kind of like your side of the bed!!

Karen