Friday, January 23, 2009

Consumer Bliss...I'm on a roll!

Just had to post this. Everyone has heard of Priceline, right? Those annoying ads with William Shatner, you know? Have you ever tried it?

Anyways, I decided to give it a try today. Emma and I are visiting my dear friend, Carol, in March, after she gives birth to her 7th child (supermom). She lives about 1 1/2 hours north of Seattle, and I need to get a car to drive to her middle of nowhere charming and secluded home. We are only able to go see her because I got a GREAT deal on airfare (hint: wanna get away?), so I knew in order to keep this a sweet deal I had to get a cheap car.

So, I searched the net for the rock-bottom price I could find. Using a discount, I could get a 4-day car rental for $96, but once they add in all their ridiculous charges, the total came to over $150! So, I went to Priceline, put in that I only wanted to spend $15/day on a car, and guess what?? I got it! In 15 seconds, I was out the door for about $100 on my car. SWEET!

Try it sometime!



1 comment:

gale said...

karen - too bad your seattle trip isn't a month later....donna shannon and deidre are coming up in april. how fun to have had you join us for part of it. gale (light)