Thursday, October 2, 2008

The appliance curse continues...

They may look swanky, but looks are deceiving

You might remember a few months ago there was a whatever post about my washing machine. My only four year old washing machine, that is. It was making super loud noises so I had called a repairman. For his fee of $75, he informed me it would be over $900 to fix the pitiful machine. So, I decided to live with the noise. He predicted the washer would die in the very near future and he was absolutely right. Did I have the extended warranty? Of course not.

So, we bought a new set - this time not Sears, but Maytag. They arrived and I started on the piles of accumulated laundry. I couldn't quite figure out the dryer. No matter what setting I tried, the loads were not drying in under 2 hours. On top of that, there is a "sensor" screen that is supposed to tell you how much time remains until the clothes are dry. I was noticing it would either say 8 or 99 minutes. Unbelievable- my new dryer was already on the fritz!! This would only happen to me. I don't know what it is with me and appliances - I am so nice to them and they do not reciprocate!!

So, today I am waiting for the Maytag repairman, who is supposed to be here between 1-5 pm. Anyone want to guess what time he'll show up? I'll update then and let everyone know what the verdict was. I know this is incredibly important to everyone and you'll be checking all afternoon for an update on my blog.

Whatever!

No comments: