Friday, August 1, 2008

Update on the Sandersons

Two weeks ago, I mentioned to pray for the Sandersons, Kyle and Stephanie, as their baby, Suzie, was born premature at 28 weeks. Suzie is currently at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena. She has several issues from just being a preemie, but she also still has some bleeding and swelling in her brain that is a big concern. Kyle and Steph have relocated to the Ronald McDonald house across the street from the hospital so they can be close by at all times. They have continued to send out faithful updates to everyone, as well as posting them on their blog. If you have time, go read the thoughts of this godly young couple - you will be encouraged!

Last night when we visited them, they invited us in to see Suzie in the NICU! We were so thrilled to go in and see her in person. It took my breath away to see her. I have never seen a baby so small in person. I expected her to be skinny and bony, but she isn't. While she isn't a fat baby by any means, she did have some good meat on her bones. She basically just looks like a perfect little miniature baby! She was awake and moving and even opened her eyes. She is absolutely darling- Kyle and Steph are so blessed! Going in to see her helped me put myself in Kyle and Steph's shoes - if I wanted to cuddle her, I can only imagine how heart wrenching it is for them to have limitations with their sweet little baby. I am thankful for their trust in God during this difficult time.

No comments: