Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day Two!


My birthday began with Rich bringing me a nice cup of Starbucks coffee - in bed! Starbucks in our hotel + thoughtful hubby = very special treat. We then proceeded to a most quaint little breakfast place, where I enjoyed some delicious cinnamon-raisin french toast topped with candied walnuts, strawberry butter, and real maple syrup. Emma had a goat cheese and roasted bell pepper omelette, and Rich had the homemade corned beef hash with poached eggs. That restaurant was a great little find and we were all happily fueled up for a day of shopping.

After we had made our way through a good amount of Greenwich Village and Soho shops, we made an amazing discovery: we really don't like shopping in stores with $400 sweaters. So, we decided to head to some places my sister had recommended, but still couldn't find anything (except some dresses for Suzanne!). At last we spotted a big two story GAP, and guess what - that was the best find all day! I guess if you don't like to spend the big bucks (we're not too into Prada or Gucci), or rummage through busy discount stores, then you might as well save your shopping for home and just see the sights! But we had a great day walking the streets, riding the subway, and of course, eating. The weather was superb - low 60's - not bad at all. It was a most pleasant day.

Rich and I enjoying our after breakfast snack of cheese

Shopping at Stone Flower - cute stuff for Suz

Speaking of food (aren't I always speaking of food?), I'd love to mention some other culinary highlights of our day: stopping for a parmesan bread stick at Amy's Bread , cheese and olives at Murray's cheese , corned beef on rye (late lunch) at Katz's deli, a birthday treat at Haagen-Dazs, and finally, dinner at Joe's Shanghai. I can't go on like this - I'll have to be rolled home!

In front of the Brooklyn Bridge

I can't wait for tomorrow. Drew comes in around noon! We'll hit some more pizza, lots of sights, and finish our day seeing Wicked!

No comments: