Friday, February 23, 2007

My little little sister - Suzanne





I couldn’t let my sister get the last word on our relationship on her blog!


As far as the title, she is my little little sister because she is younger, and also, she is little. I'm only 5'4" and tower over her!


Let me start by saying that no one could have a better sister than me. She is definitely my best friend (besides Rich, of course) and I am eternally grateful that God has bestowed on us both the gift of salvation, making us sisters in Christ. The bond we have as sisters is truly unique. We both marvel at that and feel very undeserving of such blessing.

My sister is very dear to me. We share a very special and close relationship. It is one where each of us always thinks the best of the other. There is no competition between us where one of us tries to be better than the other. We know each other so well and there is hardly anything we don’t tell each other. I think this is because we do think a lot alike and hold similar views on most topics. For one, we totally agree on which See’s candies are the best and which are trash (we have a bad habit of mutilating a mixed box). And we both use only Best Foods mayonnaise. (When you have that in common, everything else falls right into place in the compatibility area!)

We know each other’s weaknesses, strengths, as well as our quirky habits (well, I know her quirky habits). We understand each other very well and love each other unconditionally in spite of each other’s faults. I think it is true to say that we have never gotten into an argument – probably because I could never get mad at her! I take great comfort in knowing that my sister will always love me, help me, support me, care for me, want the best for me, and always forgive me when I do wrong her. She has an inherent way of always knowing the unique way to meet my needs and encourage me. She is always demonstrating her love in her acts of kindness and thoughtfulness towards me. Whenever she helps me, she never acts burdened and serves with great joy. She has served me in countless ways, to the point that many times I have wondered what I would have done without her. We always have a great time together, no matter what we’re doing. We have been through so much together, sharing many of the joys and sorrows of life together. She is a precious gift of God, mercifully bestowed on me.

In closing, I would just like to say that what I greatly admire about my sister most is the fact she is devoted to God, her husband and her family. When given the gift of three sons, she immediately rallied to be the “boy mom.” She lives to serve them, and loves to participate with them in all the boy things they do. Just today she was ordering some more motorcycle gear for herself so she could be a part of the boys’ fun. And while she is such a fun, easy going person, she is a woman of great biblical conviction and lives her life in light of what God’s Word says. And even though she lives in an all boy household, she is very feminine and beautiful. She is the heart of her home and all her boys are the recipients of her great love and care. In summary, she is the woman I admire most in the whole wide world.

I love you Suz!

3 comments:

Harasick Family said...

Yeah.....but she is girly! She has a pink dirt bike helmet....how many nieces can say their aunt rides a dirt bike and wears bare minerals! What more could you ask for in an aunt??!!

Love ya!!



posted by, emma

Dave and Suzanne said...

I think I felt the same way you did when you read my blog about you..."WHO is she talking about"??!! I think I laughed and cried at the same time...And I'm getting the last word....YOU are the better sister!

I love you too!
Suz

Harasick Family said...

Suzanne, just be thankful I didn't embarrass you with the text or photo. Can you say "afro wig"???
luv ya!