Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WDW - creamy goddess salad dressing

 Untitled

My favorite dressing when I was a kid was "green goddess."  I'm not sure where the name came from (or what was in it), but I loved the creamy consistency.   Creamy dressings are just so wonderful... but they usually contain yukky mayonnaise.   So we stick to mostly vinaigrettes.  When I came across this dressing recipe using tahini, I thought it was a brilliant yet healthy way to add some creaminess to a salad.  I have made it a couple times now, and I just love it!

Tonight I made a salad using our fantastic fresh garden greens and beets (which I oven-roasted), some avocado, leftover steak, and this lovely dressing.   With daylight savings time in action, and the warm weather, this felt like the perfect summer dinner.

 Lemon Tahini goddess dressing

  1. Toss all ingredients into a Vitamix, small food processor, or standard kitchen blender.
  2. Blend until well combined and smooth.
Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Use within 1 week.




post signature

3 comments:

Carol B. said...

I can't wait to try it!

Poolside summer suppers can't be beat!

XO from WA.

Ladonna said...

I love salad so I will have to try.

Carol B. said...

So I made the dressing and it's a KEEPER! :-)