Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WDW -- A healthy treat

Untitled

When I saw this coconut almond fudge recipe recently on a blog, I knew I needed to try it.

I'm a HUGE coconut fan & almond butter fan -- so I knew this would be a winner in my book.

The recipe called for an ingredient I had never used -- coconut butter.  So I tracked some down and made these right away (I have since discovered that coconut butter is delicious in my oatmeal and is pretty delicious just by the spoonful!).

I modified the recipe by melting some chocolate chips (I like the soy-free, dairy free kind) and pouring a little on the bottom of the mold (I just used my non-stick mini muffin pan).  I froze them for about 10 minutes.

Then I mixed the fudge together and poured that on top.  I chilled the fudge for a couple of hours, then popped them out of the pan.  
 

These are such good little morsels -- very satisfying when you want to eat healthier but crave a little something sweet.  I venture to think that these could be made with peanut butter too, they might taste like a Reese's!  Yummy!

Coconut Almond Fudge

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup unsalted almond butter (I use raw, smooth)
  • 1/2 cup coconut butter
  • 2 T real maple syrup
  • 1 T coconut oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
Instructions
  • In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
  • Stir on medium-low heat until everything is combined.
  • Pour into molds (or mini muffin pan) and store in the fridge to set. 
  • Makes about a dozen pieces.  Keep refrigerated.

post signature

1 comment:

Carol Blanchet said...

Ok - we are so making these when you come. Where do I find coconut butter?