Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's soap time again!

I really enjoyed my soapmaking endeavors last fall, and couldn't wait to make some more. After selling off a bunch of the soap I made, as well as giving a lot away as Christmas gifts, I was down to merely 10 bars of soap for our family! And out of those 10, six went to Israel with Drew (he requested to take mom's soap along - love that boy.) Anyways, I put some thought into what I'd like to try next and got my supplies replenished, and made 8 batches. That is the really fun part of it for me - thinking of something new to do. It was interesting experimenting with new essential oils and different spices for color. There are four types of goat milk soap and four types of all vegetable oil soap. The first two are made especially for hands, and the rest are great all-body soaps.

One thing I realized is, that you are fairly limited color-wise and scent-wise when you choose to be an all-natural soaper. But that's ok, as I think it's totally worth it and I absolutely love using all natural ingredients. My skin is so much less dry than it used to be. In fact, I used to say I had dry skin and I don't think I can even say that anymore. Amazing what happens when you stop rubbing detergent all over yourself!

Soaps are still 4 for $10. If you are interested, please email me at harasick@ca.rr.com or click on the mail icon at the end of this post.

I can ship 4 bars for $4.95, and can quote you shipping for more bars if you like. If you live locally, I can just give them to you in person.

Remember, not all bars are exactly the same size, shape or weight - each one is hand cut. As they sell, I will try to update the blog with the quantities of each still available.

Here are the offerings this time around.... photos courtesy of
http://www.emmaleighphotography.blogspot.com/ (thanks, Ems!)

DSC_9294

Coffee & Clove Kitchen Hand Soap
(Goat's Milk)

This soap contains brewed Kenyan coffee and coffee grounds, and the spicy aroma of clove bud essential oil. Use on hands for dissolving the smell of garlic and onion. Not a great all body soap unless you like a good exfoliation.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, goat's milk, brewed Kenyan coffee, Kenyan coffee grounds, clove bud essential oil.
Available: 10

DSC_9303

Lavender, Lemongrass & Apricot Kernel Gardener's Soap
(All Vegetable Oil)

Apricot Kernel helps make this soap very exfoliating. Not a good shower soap, but great for scrubbing hands clean anytime, and especially after gardening. I love this smell of this soap - so clean and refreshing! The combination of lavender and lemongrass is divine.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, ground apricot kernel, lemongrass essential oil, lavender essential oil, turmeric, dried lavender flowers.
Available: SOLD OUT

DSC_9293

Green Clay, Grapefruit & Sage Soap
(Goat's Milk)

Normally, the colorant wouldn't be in the title of the soap, but French Green Clay is not merely used as a colorant in this soap, but the minerals in the clay actually benefit skin by absorbing impurities. Also added were crushed sage leaves and the fresh citrusy scent of pink grapefruit essential oil. A great all body and especially nice complexion soap.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, goat's milk, French green clay, grapefruit essential oil, crushed sage leaves.
Available: SOLD OUT

DSC_9302

Lightly Lavender Sweet Baby Soap
(Goat's Milk)

Same as the "Sweet Baby" soap I made in the fall, but this time with an eensy amount of lavender essential oil, and just a little swirl of lavender color on top. Still gentle and mild,a great soap for babies' skin or for those who like a plain, super moisturizing soap.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, goat's milk, lavender essential oil, alkanet powder.
Available: SOLD OUT

DSC_9299
Orange & Mint Soap
(All Vegetable Oil)

This refreshing soap is both minty and citrusy all at the same time. It is predominantly mint with a burst of orange on top, and the scents come together when you lather. A great all body soap.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, peppermint essential oil, sweet orange essential oil, peppermint leaves, turmeric.
Available: SOLD OUT

DSC_9284
Ginger, Lime & Calendula Soap
(All Vegetable Oil)

This is not the "spicy" ginger you think of when you eat a gingersnap. This essential oil is from the ginger bark, and is much more earthy in scent. Key lime essential oil is mixed in for a burst of citrus. Naturally coloring the soap are dried calendula petals. Calendula is not only beautiful, but has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. A great all body and especially nice complexion soap.

Ingredients: Saponified Olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, calendula flower petals, ginger essential oil, key lime essential oil.
Available: 8

DSC_9305
Lemon Poppyseed Soap
(All Vegetable Oil)

I love lemon poppyseed muffins, so I knew I'd love this soap. I have really fallen in love with lemon essential oil. Poppyseeds add a nice texture and light exfoliation. For some reason, this soap turned light pink in areas after a few weeks on the curing block. I was a little disappointed but it is still a lovely soap and smells super lemon fresh. A great all body soap.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, lemon essential oil, poppy seeds.
Available: SOLD OUT

DSC_9278
Oatmeal, Orange & Clove Soap
(Goat's Milk)

This one could be my favorite. It looks good enough to eat! The aroma of orange and cloves together is spicy-sweet and really yummy! Organic oats and ground cloves add texture for light exfoliaton, while turmeric adds orange flecks of color. A great all body soap.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, saponified organic palm oil, saponified coconut oil, goat's milk, organic oats, clove bud essential oil, sweet orange essential oil, ground cloves, turmeric.
Available: SOLD OUT

post signature

3 comments:

gale said...

karen - your soaps are gorgeous and they remind me of granite!!!

pilgrim said...

Love your blog and love that you are a sister in Christ..and that your son is with Jesus!
I just got my first products for soap making today. I am just standing here looking at them saying to myself oh boy, what next. Any advice? :)Susan

Vanessa said...

I love your article about soaps. I mean who can resist the good smell of a soap? Nobody! Right? Especially natural and handmade goat milk soap. Not me! I love those! You're not alone sister!