Thursday, April 8, 2010

I love you, Mom.

Dear Mom,

Today its your 30th birthday!! (wink, wink :-) I hope you don't mind I hacked into your blog, but I just want to publicly thank you for being such an amazing and incredible mom. To sum you up in one word, I'd say you are DEVOTED. To me, Dad, Drew, church, your friends & family...even your kitties. There's never been a day that's gone by that you've not made dinner, cleaned, or ironed, where you just didn't want to. No, since as long as I remember, you've done it all every single day, and with a smile. I'll never forget what you told me the other day. I was in a hurry and needed clothes ironed and asked you to do it. I was thanking you and apologizing all in one because it was so last minute but how I appreciated you doing it for me. And you just stood there, doing it calmly and with a smile, and you said, "Honey, I live to do things for my family." Wow, what a woman.

Thank you for raising me in a way that I would see the love & mercy of God. You are a great example of someone striving to love their Savior more, and it shows. Mom, I know a lot of people that would love to have such a godly woman for their mom, and I have you...I don't ever want to take that for granted.

What a privilege and blessing it is to be your daughter, and to look at you for an example of what a godly wife and mom looks like. I love you with all my heart, and you are the perfect mommy just for me. If I can someday cook 1/8th as good as you, my life with be complete :-)

Love,
Emma

ps. Did you notice this posted at 4:28AM? :-)

blogWinter Break '09 136

4 comments:

Erin said...

That is so precious! My stone cold heart almost made a little tear come to my eye! Happy Birthday!

Carly Jean Brannon said...

What a sweet testimony of living Christ's example out, genuinely and consistently. I pray my boys will someday be able to say the same of me :) Happy 30th! :) cj

Blessings Flow Down said...

Crying now. How beautiful is that!!!

Becka Jayne Photography said...

Awwww... This is so sweet. :)