Wednesday, December 30, 2009

WDW - Orange Rolls

001

My sister had the nerve to show up on Christmas with these. My orange rolls recipe, but she had kicked it up a notch by rolling some of them up with fresh chopped cranberries!


002

Then she started frosting them.


004

I pulled out the camera to provide a diversion for myself while I was waiting to grab one of these babies capture this work of art.

005

Then, the nerve of her, after bringing such EVIL food into my house, she got mad at ME for photographing her. She is actually chewing me out in this picture! Just kidding, but I do believe she was getting a bit testy.

007

At first I was nice and did shots of just the food. After all, it was the morning after Christmas, and she had just woken up. I had some pity.

008

But, then, she was just so CUTE, I couldn't help but go wide. A woman and her sweet rolls is a beautiful thing.

009

Call it sweet revenge. After all, her rolls didn't do me an ounce of good.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to my sister!! See you this morning for some major sister time to celebrate YOU! Love you!!

Orange Rolls

2 ¼ tsp. yeast
½ cup lukewarm water
½ cup lukewarm milk
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. butter, soft
1 tsp. salt
1 egg
3 ½ - 4 cups flour

In KitchenAid bowl, combine yeast and warm water and let set 3 minutes.

Add lukewarm milk, sugar, butter, salt, and egg and mix 1 minute.

Switch to dough hook and begin to add flour, ½ cup at a time, until dough cleans the sides of the bowl. Add only enough flour to achieve this result.

Knead on low speed for 2 minutes.

Place dough in a greased blowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place 1 hour, or until doubled.

Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 7 x 12 rectangle. Spread each with ¼ of the following mixture (saving half for frosting.)

Filling/Icing

3 cups powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, soft
2 Tbsp. grated orange peel
4 Tbsp. orange juice

Roll up dough into a roll, pinching edges tightly, and cut into 1/2” thick rolls. Place rolls, cut side down, into two greased round cake pans. Put in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes, or until doubled.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Frost rolls with remaining frosting while they are still warm.

post signature

1 comment:

Robert said...

these look amazing!!!! let;s get together in 2010! this is tracy NOT robert :)