Tuesday, December 8, 2009

dimanche matin avec Riche {returns}

soft boiled egg 1

OK, I know I've been remiss on posting some of Rich's Sunday morning specialties. My camera was on the blink for awhile, and Emma was out of town with hers, so a lot of our delicious food went undocumented.

This little breakfast is pure simplicity and genius. I happen to love poached eggs and over-easy eggs, but recently Rich introduced me to something his mom used to make - soft-boiled eggs. He served them in these cute little glass egg cups his mom had given us one Easter, with strips of buttered whole-grain sourdough toast on the side -major points for presentation! It is so fun to crack open the top, and dip the toast in. You can then use a spoon to scoop out what you didn't catch with the toast. This is totally old school, totally comforting. A most perfect little breakfast.


To soft boil an egg, bring a pot of water to a boil. Poke a pin hole in each end of the egg. Carefully drop egg into boiling water and set a timer for 4 minutes. Plunge egg into a bowl of cold water for 10 seconds (to stop the cooking), then serve immediately. This method is good for up to 4 eggs - you may need to increase the time if you have more eggs.

soft boiled egg 2


post signature

1 comment:

Blessings Flow Down said...

I love simple. I would die if Ron made me breakfast...wow-wee! You lucky duck! ;) Is that the whole wheat sour dough from TJ's. We all fell madly in love with it while in CA.