Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WDW - Pumpkin Pancakes

281385522_91ba99fb84[1]

So, can you stand just one more blog post about pumpkin?

If not, I would totally understand if you wanted to click onto someone else's blog instead of continuing on. Have a great day, OK?

But, if you love pumpkin like I do, stick around - you're gonna love this little gem. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes! These are really, really good. I made these Monday morning, since Rich had the day off, and got thumbs up from everyone. They are light and fluffy, with the perfect spice balance. Emma had chocolate chips in hers, of course.

So, make these soon. That is, if you can find a can of pumpkin in your grocery store. Can someone tell me what is up with no pumpkin on the shelf mid-October?? Hello, Libby's? I have literally only found 6 cans of pumpkin (the large 29 oz size) thus far and I have been checking everywhere. If I don't find some more soon, I might have to do something drastic, something very Martha Stewart-y, like MAKE MY OWN PUMPKIN PUREE {shiver}. I really hope it doesn't come to that. I really don't like sticking my hands inside pumpkins.

And, sorry, no pic. We gobbled these pancakes up too quickly to take any pictures.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

makes 6-8 pancakes

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon
nutmeg pinch of ground ginger
pinch of ground cloves

1 cup milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter

Whisk together flours, salt, spices, sugar and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, pumpkin and vegetable oil or melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Don’t worry if you have a few lumps. You don’t want to over beat the batter, it’ll produce tough pancakes.

Let the batter sit for 10 minutes while you heat the skillet. Cook pancakes in a greased pan until done.

post signature

4 comments:

Miller Family said...

Just wanted to let you know that Sams club has Libby's canned pumpkin (29 oz) comes in a 3 pack. I love anything pumpkin too! YUMMY!

Jen said...

Our Costco (up in WA state) has the 3 pack of pumpkin also, but I can't find it in any grocery stores. I of course stocked up with several 3 packs!

the e-wife, Karen said...

Thanks for the pumpkin tips everyone! I found 16 oz cans of pumpkin at Trader Joe's (and it's organic!) and cleared the shelf!!

Mommy Roth said...

The pancakes were so moist and fluffy! Can you sub another puree in the recipe if someone doesn't like pumpkin. My only change would be to maybe add pumpkin pie spice instead of the pinches to make it a little bolder (maybe my pinches were not enough though:). Thanks for the yummy breakfast idea! My kids gobbled them up!