Monday, April 27, 2009

Whatever - the dude at Corner Bakery

OK, so I'm at Corner Bakery. I'm actually there right now (they have free wi-fi). Emma is at ESCAPE tonight, and Rich and I like to hang out here while she is in practice.

Rich didn't want anything, but I decided to get a coffee and a cinnamon roll. For those of you who don't know me, I have never yet been able to resist a single cinnamon roll that I have come into contact with. I just love cinnamon rolls, and I'm very unapologetic about it (I also love donuts too. A lot.)

So, I step up to the counter and this dude asks to help me. So, I order my coffee and cinnamon roll - and he says the total is $2.72. I'm thinking, the cinnamon roll says $2.50, so how could a cinnamon roll and a coffee total so little? Something doesn't quite add up. So I ask.

This was one I'd never heard before.

He explained that he was in a hurry ringing me up, so left the coffee off intentionally. Then he voluntarily shared why he was in such a hurry.

He had to use the bathroom.

Um, TMI, OK?

Anyways, so he gives me my coffee cup (it's self serve here), and says to me (I kid you not) "I will get your cinnamon roll after I go to the bathroom. I have to go really bad."

I stand there, half stunned, half amused. I had to chuckle as he briskly headed towards the restroom.

So I stand there for awhile. I'm thinking that it's going to be rather awkward when he comes back. I mean, do you know how hard it would be for a pop-off like me to resist saying something, like "well, how did it turn out for you?"

But when he finally returns, all I'm really thinking is, I hope he washed his hands.

But, then he puts on a fresh pair of gloves, gets my cinnamon roll and sheepishly apologizes for the wait.

It's a good thing I really, really like cinnamon rolls, or I might have lost my appetite.

Whatever.

post signature

3 comments:

Tira J said...

Not sure how I found our blog last week, but I am loving it so far! I love the Corner Bakery and am going there for lunch on Friday. Maybe they will give me something for free due to a natural emergency! LOL!

Suzanne DeShong said...

That is so funny....and not funny at the same time. Only you, K!!!! You're the only one who experiences such ridiculousness out in the the retail world!!!!!

Suzi said...

Lol too funny, my first thought was washing his hands too, but thank goodness the gloves went back on! So, that's where you guys go lol, too bad our times are different!