Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WDW - Spiced Pear Bread

030


Well, did everyone enjoy the WDW last week? I think Drew did a splendid job demonstrating how to properly prepare a pop tart.

I, for one, think I'll be able to toast my own pop tarts from now on around here. I can stop relying on Drew to make them for me. Oh, I really hope I can make them as good as him.

And while on the subject of pop tarts, here's a little joke for my sister. Do you want your pop tart cold or toasted? Do you want it on a napkin or a plate? (Ha ha, she will get it.)

Well, I hope Drew will come back again and make us all wonder if he's really ready for college enlighten us all some more in the future.

***

Do you have some extra pears around? I did the other day, and I was trying to find a new recipe to use them, when I saw a friend's status on facebook. She said she was "smelling the spiced pear bread that she had in the oven," so I quickly fb'ed her and got the recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand, and in 10 minutes had two breads in the oven- and was smelling the same delicious aroma that my friend was. Ahh.

I'm sure you could substitute apples for this recipe as well. But, it's the spices in this bread that make it really special, so be sure to use them all. I think this is actually more like a cake than a bread. But call it whatever you want... I call it delicious! I enjoyed a slice with a latte this morning, and it was so delightful.... this bread is going fast in my house.

Spiced Pear Bread

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
¼ cup molasses
3 eggs
1 ¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
¾ tsp. cloves
1 ½ tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. allspice
4 very firm pears, peeled and sliced
3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Generously grease two 9x5 loaf pans.

In KitchenAid, combine brown sugar, oil, molasses, and eggs. Mix in salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and allspice. Stir in the pear slices. Stir in the flour. Pour batter between two loaf pans.

Bake for 50-65 minutes. Allow loaves to cool in pan about 10 minutes before removing them and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.

post signature

No comments: