Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 11th

This Sunday, May 11th, is a special day for me. Not only is it Mother’s Day, but it is my 20th Mother’s Day! Also, it is Brady’s birthday. He was born 19 years ago this Sunday, on May 11, 1989, making me a mom. For those of you having a little trouble with the math, I’ll give you a hint: Mother’s Day was May 14th the year Brady was born. That is how I am celebrating my 20th Mother’s Day - I snuck in at almost the last hour for that first one!

Here is a favorite photo of Brady – I think he was 3 years old! Our little B-man.


Sunday is also a day for me to remember my own mom, Wanda Vida, who passed away about 2 ½ years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of her. She was very special, gave me lots of love and care, and could never, ever, be replaced in my life. I found this picture and thought I’d post it just for fun. The year is 1976. My mom is 34, I am 10, and Suzanne is 3. My mom bought us these matching dresses in Hawaii, cute huh? I hope my sister enjoys me putting this photo on the blog!



We're going down to Newport Beach after church on Sunday to spend the afternoon at the beach and eat at The Crab Cooker, which is not only a current family favorite but was one of Brady’s favorite meals as well. We all love seafood, especially if it is dipped in butter sauce, so bring it on in honor of Brady!

Brady and I in Newport in 2002

God truly blessed me by giving me such a wonderful mother and dear son. Even though the time I had with them was shorter than I would have wished, I know it is beyond what I ever deserved anyway. Because I have known and loved these two special people, my life is profoundly blessed, and the sweet memories of them live on in my heart every day.

1 comment:

Myra said...

Thank you so much for sharing the photos of Brady and your mom. I was thinking of you and praying for you yesterday. I'm so glad that I knew Brady and your mom. They were two very special people! I love you, friend!