Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WDW and something even more yummy

It's almost summer!  
I always enjoy all the summer produce, especially from our little homestead.  
Right now we are harvesting lots of apples, strawberries, zucchini, beets, and herbs... soon there will also be cucumbers, TONS of tomatoes (we planted 18), green beans, plums and peaches.   
We also receive an organic farm box weekly, and I am always so amazed at how much produce just two people go through!
I thoroughly enjoy all the beautiful creations God has given us and especially love making our meals revolve around gorgeous produce!

Here's an easy summer meal made possible by the MOST AMAZING dressing.  I love all the ingredients, but the "secret" ingredient is this:

IMG_5928

The dressing can be whipped up quickly in your blender.
It lasts for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.

 IMG_5929

The BEST Tahini Lemon Dressing

Ingredients

Method
  1. Toss all ingredients into a Vitamix, food processor, or standard kitchen blender.
  2. Blend until well combined and smooth.  Add more water if necessary to thin.
  3. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Use within 2-3 weeks
 recipe source:  http://frugallysustainable.com/

This dressing is great on salads, but also as a sauce for hot food too. It's especially great on bbq chicken.
Last night I sauteed some garden zucchini and put it atop a bowl full of quinoa (I love Costco's frozen quinoa & kale!)
Then, I poured a generous amount of the dressing on and topped with fresh garden chives.
A masterpiece -- so simple and delicious, plus fast!

IMG_5930

But, you know what's even YUMMIER than this?

My little granddaughter  :-) 
She's 7 weeks old now and I could just eat her up!

IMG_5931


post signature

1 comment:

Polkadotted Plum said...

Yay, you finally posted! :D The dressing looks super yum! I will have to give it a try. Baby Darcy is pretty darn adorable that is for sure. ;)