Monday, November 18, 2013

Emma is showered!



Nothing like a bridal shower to make you feel like the wedding is getting closer!  Yesterday, Emma was lovingly showered by my sister Suzanne, Rich's sister Kristen, and my niece Amy.  The guests were family from both sides.

It was a picnic theme inspired by Rifle Paper Co. design, and was held in Kristen's cozy and beautiful garden patio area.  The details were thoughtful and simply adorable, with sweet signs, fresh flowers, and pink and green table settings. The weather was perfect, too.  It rained a bit the day before, but was mostly sunny and around 65.  It could not have been any lovelier!

I cannot BELIEVE I didn't get any photos of the food!  There was a warming, creamy chestnut soup, an amazing sandwich selection including hot brie, turkey & cranberry sauce (YUM) and mini BLTA sliders (the A is for avocado).  And of course, there were delicious and beautiful finger desserts made by my amazing sis -- mini oreo cheesecakes, lemon bars, caramel apples, and nutella cream filled profiteroles.  I had a little of everything with lots of hot coffee -- mmm.

Untitled

The invite was darling.

Untitled

Loved all the adorable signs - Amy always decorates so cute!

Untitled

Sweet table settings

Untitled

So many cute details -- lace & ribbon runners, potpourri favors, jars and little vases filled with flowers

Untitled

Emma's longtime BFF and Maid of Honor, Kaitlyn

Untitled

My lovely daughter and soon bride to be!
Untitled

I love this picture!  Nick's grandma is a JEWEL.  Here she is pictured with her 3 daughters and Emma.  L to R:  Janelle, Dana (Nick's mom), Emma, Grandma Shirley, and Renee.  These lovely ladies all love Christ and provide a rich heritage for Emma to marry into.  A precious moment of the day was when Shirley presented me with a gift of hand embroidered kitchen towels and a sweet card remembering my mom, who passed away 8 years ago.  It was such a thoughtful surprise and made everyone cry!

Untitled

Emma with her sweet & very talented hostesses!  L to R, Aunt Suz, Aunt Kristen, and cousin Amy (+ baby bump!).  I have always thought Emma resembles Rich's side. :-)

Untitled

Opening fun gifts....

Untitled


Her handsome groom came by at the end to check out the party.  When he walked in he asked "So what do you guys do at these showers?"  :-)

post signature

1 comment:

Carol Blanchet said...

Everything is darling. I wish I could have been part of that special day.
Give Emma a hug for me.
Love,
Carol