Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Little Wedding Prep Fun

A few Saturdays ago, Emma said "yes to the dress!" It was the first dress she tried on, and we LOVE it!  Sorry, no sneak peeks here.  :-)

Last Saturday, we thought it would be fun to get out MY wedding dress for Emma to try on. 

Untitled


At the time of our wedding (1987), long-sleeved, lacy, high neck wedding gowns were in style.  However, I had seen a photo of Caroline Kennedy in her short sleeved wedding gown, and I decided that is what I wanted to have.


 Alas, the 80's were the era of puffy sleeves.  Bear with me.

I walked into a bridal shop with my mom in late 1986 and saw my dress-to-be displayed in the window.   It was a discontinued style, and was the "try-on" model.  It was the first wedding dress I ever tried on. It fit perfectly, and when they said they would discount the price to $250, we snatched it up!  

It really was so fun to see Emma in the dress.  She somehow made it look modern.

 Untitled


 Untitled


 Untitled


Untitled

Then I decided to see how the dress I hadn't worn for 26 years fit...


Untitled

Even though I was still able to zip the dress, I can't say that it was too comfy or that breathing was easy! It felt like a corset!!

Untitled

Untitled

post signature