Thursday, July 18, 2013

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny


I don't usually post on issues like this but I would truly love for every young lady (and moms of young ladies) to check out these great resources regarding bathing suit modesty.

When I was a young believer, I didn't think deeply about this issue.  In fact, I was quite content to wear my bikini anywhere in public, proud that it wasn't as immodest as some other bikinis out there were (interesting thinking).  It wasn't later that I realized that I shouldn't compare myself to the world, but to the WORD.

I'm not trying to be legalistic-- but hear me out.

Since then I have changed my thinking quite a bit... and I hope that my blog readers will take a few minutes to read this very well written and biblical article. 

And if you have a few extra moments, listen to this young Christian woman talk about the history of the bikini.  She has her own line of adorable swimwear too! 






post signature

1 comment:

Pur et Simple said...

Isn't it sort of ironic that we would never walk around in public in our bra and undies and yet - is that not what a bikini is?

I was so happy when Costco featured modest swimwear. A tankini top, bottom, and skirt cost about $100, but it was worth it!