Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WDW -Banana Bread (with coconut & almond flour)

016

So, I mentioned last week that I was going to be trying some new recipes with coconut flour. I just made this banana bread recipe and it's quite good. I like it because it's not ultra sweet, but yet it is moist. Everything about this bread is healthy and it's perfect with a latte for a great breakfast! Of course, if you want it to be a little less healthy, go ahead and slather it with Nutella ... I won't tell.

I'm feeling like mini chocolate chips would be nice instead of the walnuts... also, I might try some shredded coconut in the batter next time.

I got my coconut flour at Whole Foods and I used Trader Joe's almond meal for the almond flour. It's 100% ground almonds - how healthy is that! Enjoy!

Banana Bread (using coconut & almond flour)
from Comfy Belly

3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil (I used melted coconut oil instead)
3 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup honey (or pure maple syrup)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Whisk all dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.

In KitchenAid mixer, combine all wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry and mix just until the mixture is blended. Add walnuts, if desired.


Pour mixture into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake 35-45 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick. The bread does not rise as much as a regular loaf.

Makes 1 loaf - can easily double recipe.

post signature

1 comment:

Carly Jean Brannon said...

love it! I'll totally try this, I am subbing everything for almond flour these days!