Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WDW - Peanut-Ginger Chicken with Fruit Salsa

165

WDW returns today with this longtime favorite summer barbecued chicken recipe. When the stone fruits (peaches, nectarines, plums) are at their peak, I always think to make this. I got the recipe from Better Homes & Gardens magazine a very long time ago, and make it several times each summer. The chicken is so tasty and the fruit salsa just screams "summer!" This is a great one to serve when you have company.

The interesting marinade gives the chicken it's unique flavor and is a great tenderizer. One ingredient that might be unfamiliar is the chili sauce. This is a product similar to ketchup and in fact Heinz makes it. Leftovers keep as well as ketchup, which is good, because I know you'll want to make this recipe again and again. I like to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this, but use any chicken pieces you prefer. The chicken tastes best when you can marinate it overnight, but I often just get it going the morning I plan to cook it.

Enjoy your summer and this wonderful dish!


Peanut-Ginger Chicken with Fruit Salsa

5-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
½ cup hot water
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup chili sauce (it’s made by Heinz)
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. ground ginger

Mix and marinate overnight. Grill chicken over medium heat.

Fruit Salsa

1 cup chopped fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums)
1 cup chopped seeded and peeled cucumber
2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion or chives
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. cider vinegar

Combine all ingredients together and chill 1-2 hours in advance. Serve chicken topped with fruit salsa.

post signature

4 comments:

Krissy said...

That looks so delicious!! Do you (by any chance) know the approx calories? LOL!! I totally wanna make it but I'm on a strict diet.

http://theartsymom.tk

Pur et Simple said...

I still have this recipe from you and we love it!! It's a keeper for sure. :-)

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Someone stole my farm box off my porch this Wednesday, so I will be at farmers market in the morning! I will definitely be grabbing these ingredients! Cj

Anonymous said...

This has been a favorite recipe since you passed it on. I made it for our college pastor and his wife tonight and just wanted to let you know it was a hit. I made an extra batch and have it frozen for some missionaries coming over next week. Many are blessed by you sharing your delicious recipes. Oh, I served mine with your Chinese Chicken Salad recipe (minus the chicken), some cold marinated Asian green beans, and brown basmati coconut rice. L