Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am not the only culinary geek in the family

You know the saying "behind every great man is a woman"? Well, it could also possibly be said, "behind every food-blogging wife is a food-loving husband." I want everyone to know that my husband is more than that, though. He could probably have his own food blog, if he had time. And if I showed him how to use blogger...

Let it be known that Rich is usually the one toting the camera and photographing food wherever we go. Yes, it is embarrassing. I feel like saying "just take the picture so I can eat!" and "just take the picture so everyone will stop staring at me!" He completely ignores me, posing the food the way he wants it and taking his sweet time doing it.

And, he is the chief food-finder, as well. Just look at his latest find, right in lovely Panorama City near church:

005

And guess who got to go on a 'hot' date here recently after church?

What can I say? My man LOVES Philly Cheese Steak. Look how happy he is to find a decent one west of Philadelphia. I think it's really geeky cute how he tucks his tie into his shirt when he eats.

004

I have to admit, that was one fine sandwich.

He also cooks at home. Here's his recent attempt at his own Tommy burger. He did cheat and use Tommy's chili (did you know you can buy it?) but I think this looks pretty authentic. And, it tasted authentic too. I took my one obligatory bite. I am very cautious of Tommy's chili.

002


And, are you ready for the latest? One night, while watching our favorite TV show, Diners, Drive- ins, and Dives, he cheerfully announced: "I'm going to start making breakfast every Sunday morning!" I said, rock on! So, it began last Sunday with a ham, white cheddar, and egg scramble, along with homemade hash browns (the grated kind). It was, like, amazing. He told me from now on, all I need to do is show up at the table at 7:15 , sit down and eat, and then go get ready for church! He did it all - including clean-up. He even scolded me for wiping off the table! I can't tell you how much I wish he had thought of this when I had three toddlers to get ready for church appreciated his efforts!

One of both our favorite breakfast dishes is corned beef hash. Boy, do they show that a lot on triple D. We are usually both left drooling on the sofa at 9:00 p.m. as we watch Guy Fieri eat amazing-looking homemade hash. It's no less than torture, really. Well, no more. Rich is making us corned beef hash from scratch this coming Sunday. He even requested that I buy red potatoes for it - quite the little connoiseur, I tell you. Sorry my russets weren't good enough!

So how many out there vote for a feature on my blog such as "Rich's killer Sunday morning breakfasts"?

Hmmm.

I better get the camera.

post signature

3 comments:

Suzanne DeShong said...

I vote for it, along with special guest blogging from Rich himself!!!!!

The Mom said...

MEEEEE!!!!!

CJ Brannon said...

I vote for it! and the pulled pork recipe bellow might just have to be made tomorrow! It sound's fabulous! Thanks for all the yummy recipes! -CJ