Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ooey, Gooey Sunday

blogpicture 468

Neato- check out the reflection in the KitchenAid bowl!

blogpicture 485

I stayed home from church today to keep Emma company. She's progressing well from her wisdom teeth surgery last Friday, but it's hard for her to talk or smile so we thought it best for her to stay home today and avoid social situations! It's been a relaxing weekend watching TV, designing my new blog (coming soon... I can't wait!), and preparing for my upcoming Shepherds' Conference guests next week. The weather has been great to just cozy down.

Of course, this type of low-key weekend puts me right in the mood for baking. I needed to stash some baked goods in the freezer for Shepherds' Conference week - so I had the perfect excuse to make my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Mine are nice and soft - just the way I like them. Be sure not to overbake these babies. I cook them only until there is just the slightest moisture remaining on top - they are barely set when I take them out of the oven.


Karen’s chocolate chip cookies

1 cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

3 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine butter and sugars together in KitchenAid. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.

Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix just till combined. Add chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated into the batter.

Scoop dough (I like a cookie scoop for ease and uniformity) onto cookie sheets, 12 per sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.

Makes approximately 3 dozen.

No comments: