Friday, April 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home!


Greetings all. We arrived in Burbank at 10 pm last night (1 am NYC time) and it was wonderful to be home. We have never taken such a long trip before, and it seemed long! I plan to back-track a bit and go over each day and its highlights, as soon as Emma posts the photos for me. I think she took something like a thousand...so she'll narrow it down and I'll post soon! For now, I am rejoicing over the good times we had as a family and the goodness of the Lord to give us smooth and safe travels, protection from harm in a big city, good health, and wonderful experiences we will not soon forget. This was an amazing opportunity for us and the provision for it all was from the Lord.

In spite of the wonderful time we had, I am indeed praising God to be home. Home is the best place, isn't it? To be happily busy in my home is the greatest joy of my life, and that is exactly what I am doing today. Unpacking, running laundry, cleaning up (I left the house clean, but 4 cats massacred it), and filling the refrigerator with HEALTHY food is such a delight to me. (The scale was very unkind to me after this trip, so I stocked up on lots of fresh fruits and veggies!)

Rich stayed an extra day on business, so I look forward to picking him up tonight and all of us being home together!

The photo above was taken in St. Paul's Chapel, across from Ground Zero. This chapel housed rescue workers from 9/11 and now is somewhat of a shrine to that event. I have an interesting story to tell about this photo - and the person who took it. Tune in later for more details!






1 comment:

Robert said...

i'm so happy you guys got to go on such a cool trip! emma or drew or SOMEBODY told me via facebook a little about that picture... can't wait for the whole story! - robert j